I'm trying to start real ads on the blog, but I don't have too much free time... so I'm trying out Passionfruit ads. Check out these options...
The Crafty Scientist is a medium-sized blog, but growing every day! The stats:
- 500+ followers on Google Friend Connect
- 700+ subscribed in Feedburner
- Almost 400 likes on Facebook
- 150+ Twitter followers
- Over 400,000 page views
- 1,000+ views each day
- 5925+ Pinterest followers!
All posts are sent to facebook, Bloglovin', NetworkedBlogs, a Feedburner RSS feed, linked to Twitter, and posted to linky parties.
I'm still a new blogger and just starting to grow this blog, so I intend to add more, but here's what I offer for now:
- Button Swap: I place your blog button on my sidebar (as a Blog BFF or Advertiser, part of that widget) and you put mine in the sidebar of your blog. We agree upon a time for this to run and voila! Advertising for us both. Cost: FREE!
- Guest Post/Blog Swap: We can each post for the other's blog, you can post on my blog, and/or I can post on your blog. I would expect you to post about being a guest on my blog if you post here and I would post about guesting on your blog. Create the html for the post, email it, and magical posts appear. Cost: FREE!
- Product Review: You send me your product, I write about it, post pictures, and provide a link to your shop/product so that readers can purchase the product too. I get to keep the product and you get an awesome post about it! Cost: Your Product + Shipping (to me)
: Similar to a product review, I will post information about your product and host a giveaway, selecting a winner from commenters. Amount of time this giveaway runs is flexible and I would use information, links, pictures you provide. I would run the giveaway part and simply tell you where to send the product! You would be expected to post about my blog and the giveaway and/or my button. Cost: Your Product + Shipping (to the winner)For now, I'm putting giveaways on hold because I'm so crazy busy, but I plan to do something like this in the future and if you're interested, please just let me know!
One of the other things I do is the Amazon Associates program - you can set it up pretty easily with Blogger and basically, I can recommend and link to products and stuff I love directly AND for stuff anyone buys from that link, I get 15%. As of November 1, 2011, I've earned nothing, but since I link to everything anyways, I think this is first and foremost an easy way to show you what I'm talking about and where you can find your own version.
A wise blogger advised me to only ever advertise and post about stuff I love and believe in and I truly believe in that so keep in mind that I only feature blogs, shops, and products I love - that means you can be a very new blogger or a more established one, I just want it to be something that I think my readers will like and that stays true to the crafty fun purpose of this blog! I promise that I have not and will not ever be influenced by any sort of compensation.
A big thanks to some of the ladies who have posted model Advertising/PR & Disclosure statements that I was lucky enough to be able to model mine after, including ladies at The Gunny Sack, C.R.A.F.T., and Tip Junkie. Any errors or issues are totally my fault and I accept full responsibility.