I've been updating the blog design and wanted to make a new blog button to go with the updated design and so now there's the new button above and with the scrolling text box so you can grab the code below.
The Tutorials & Info
- This post is the first one I provided about blog design and resources I used to learn to design the blog.
- As mentioned in that post, the most important things are Gimp, the free Photoshop-like program you can download here, and tutorials (mostly this tutorial) and freebies from Amanda at KevinandAmanda.com.
Freebies & Digital Art
- In terms of other clip art and freebies, one of my all-time favorites is Katrina's site, Pugly Pixel. You can pay to be a premium member and get more stuff, but all the free stuff is pretty awesome.
- A new source I recently discovered is little pink strawberries - lost more cute freebies and downloads here!
- Design House Digital has tutorials, but also some awesome freebies you can download (I think you just have to create an account) and blog hops with freebies at the blogs of their designers, and clipart and digital kits you can buy for pretty crazy cheap!
- I'll keep updating my new finds on this Pinterest board here. It has links to most of the resources I've listed here.
- I'd been wanting some science-y clip art and wasn't that happy with the freebies and I actually bought some science clip art from Maree Truelove's Etsy store. I absolutely love it, it was a great price, and included a FREE commercial license with purchase!
- The Design House Digital designers have awesome blog hops where they share AMAZING kits full of digital papers, brads, ribbons, frames, pretty phrases, and more. For example, you can go to Sara Schmutz's blog here and see her portion of the Fall 2011 kit. From that page, you can see the other portions of the kit from other designers. There have been several kits and hops like this that you can explore. I have a ton of the blog designers' blogs on the Pinterest board for easy reference.